About the Fun Run. More than 800 vehicles carrying thousands of friends will be joining the Historic Route 66 Association of Arizona from April 29, 30, and May 1, 2022 for a weekend of adventure! Fun Run participants from across the globe will meet in Seligman to travel a 140 mile stretch of Route 66 with events planned in nearly every community along the way! The procession will conclude in Topock/Golden Shores with an awesome award ceremony to cap-off the weekend.
The annual Fun Run fundraiser traces it’s roots to early 1987 – when 15 individuals embarked on an ambitious journey to champion the rebirth of Route 66. This collaboration lead to the formation of the Historic Route 66 Association of Arizona. Recognizing capital as a vital component of their work and the absolute importance of community, the Association got creative and the Annual Historic Route 66 Fun Run was born. That following the spring, the First Annual Historic Route 66 Fun Run attracted the 152 entrants! The governor of Arizona, Rose Mofford, cut the ceremonial ribbons, Will Rogers, Jr. participated as the first Grand Marshal, and the Delgadillo’s band headlined the event – it was a blast!
Today, the experience has become a tradition. It’s continued success has allowed the Association to aggressively pursue it’s mission for the preservation, protection, and promotion of the Mother Road. In many ways, it embodies all that we love of Route 66 – family, community, cars, and Americana. The Association will always stay true to those things that made the first Fun Run work – creating a relaxing, fun packed weekend of camaraderie, cars and the celebration of an American icon… Historic Route 66.
The festivities start in Seligman on Friday with registration, music, entertainment, and checking out the sights of Seligman.
- 12pm to 5pm: Car Participant Check-In & Registration in Seligman at St. Francis Church (behind Black Cat Bar) 22440 Schoeney Ave.
Fun Run History Exhibit with items from the Angel Delgadillo collection with a Fun Run History Trivia Contest/Raffle. Enter to win a $100 gift certificate for Angel & Vilma’s Original Route 66 Gift Shop website.
- 7pm: Car Cruise down Route 66. Everyone is welcome to participate. Line-up begins at Route 66 General Store at 6:45 p.m.
ENTERTAINMENT – Seligman
- All Day: “Treasure Hunt” at local businesses. Go to Route 66 Road Relics or Route 66 Motorporium for more information and a list of participating businesses.
- 12pm to 4pm: Aztec Motel Free interactive kids’ art project- Paint a vintage VW Bug with handprints. $1.00 popcorn
- 12pm to 5pm: Route 66 Road Relics & Route 66 Motorporium Carnival Games for Fun and Prizes
- 7pm to 11pm: Snow Cap Dance featuring The Snow Cap DJs
- 7:30pm to 11:30pm: Black Cat Bar Andy See & His Swinging Jamboree
- 6:45pm: Everyone is welcome to join in the line-up at the General Store for the Cruisin’ Route 66 Parade – parade begins at 7pm
For those driving into Kingman on Friday, participants need to register at the Kingman Powerhouse.
- 10am to 4pm: Pick up registration packets in Kingman at the Powerhouse *you must reserve a pick up in Kingman, otherwise your packet is in Seligman
Saturday morning in Seligman the vehicles will start to line up in preparation for the start of the FUN RUN® to Kingman which will kick off at 10am. Since this is not a timed event, please feel free to stop along the way to see attractions, take pictures, enjoy refreshments and check out the other vehicles as they cruise by.
- Dawn: Early birds start to line up on Hisotric Route 66
- 7:30am to 10am: Final registration at St. Francis Church (behind Black Cat Bar) 22440 Schoeney Ave
- 10am: Angel Delgadillo waves cars lined up in Seligman to Kingman
- 10am to 2pm: Grand Canyon Caverns Live Music, Civil War reenactors cannon firings and demonstrations, hot dogs, brats & drinks
- 10am to 5pm: Antares Point Live Music, Efren Lopez book signing, new attraction
- 10am to 2pm: Hackberry General Store featuring live music by Long Tyme Comin’ and BBQ by Hog Heaven
- 8am to 6pm: Kingman Show & Shine with vendors & live music @ 4th & Andy 11:30 – 4:30
- 2pm to 5pm: Judging (please leave your car parked during this time)
- Downtown Kingman: Live music at the Cellar Door Beer & Wine Bar.
- 10am to 6pm: Beer Garden at 4th and Andy Devine Parklet hosted by Palace Saloon & Sportsman’s Club.
- 11am to 4pm: Kingman – 4th St & Andy Devine Parklet Join us for live music by Casey Frank, corn hole, and a cool place to rest!
- 6pm: Street closures end, streets re-open to traffic, cars parked in open lanes may be towed.
Upon arrival in Kingman between 11am and 3pm, we will be lining up vehicles (not only cars but busses, vans, motorcycles and RVs) on Route 66 (Andy Devine Ave) and Beale Street for viewing and Fun Run judging. Entertainment, activities and vendors will be downtown all day until 5pm.
Saturday evening, participants can enjoy the night scene in Historic Downtown Kingman, or go out for dinner at one of Kingman’s eclectic restaurants.
- Dawn: Park at Lewis Kingman Park on Route 66. Coffee and breakfast available.
- 9am to 10:30am: Awards in Lewis Kingman Park. Chairs will be set up and 66 awards given out to participants.
- 10:30am: Vehicles leave park and parade down Route 66 to Oatman & Topock.
- All Day: Oatman hosts burros and gun fights. Parking on the South end of town
- 12pm to 2pm: Drive thru the finish line at the Topock/Golden Shores Community Center to collect your patches. Enjoy a BBQ!