7th Annual Grape Stomp
Stetson Winery’s 7th Annual Grape Stomp is coming Sat & Sun, Aug 21-22. Festivities include a parade of Corvettes at 11 am on Aug 21 beginning at the intersection of Painted Rock Rd and Brooks Blvd. and ending at Stetson Winery plus a celebration of the newly hard surfaced Brooks Blvd with recognition of County Officials who helped us accomplish this feat. The wineries have been working with the county and other local residents to have Brooks Blvd. hard surfaced for the past few years. This newly surfaced road will help attract more visitors to the area including the surrounding wineries Cella Winery and Little Old Wine Drinkers Winery. Residents in the community are also seeing the benefits of this road with less dust in the air and less wear and tear on all of their vehicles. The Grape Stomp will begin immediately after recognition of County Officials.
Kingman’s Best Western King’s Inn is offering its support of our Grape Stomp and festivities with the following very special discounted rates for Fri, Sat & Sun nights. Rooms with 1 King bed for 2 people @ $80 per night & rooms with two Queen beds (5 people max) at $100 per night. Call (928) 753-6101 before Aug 13 & use code “winery way” to take advantage of these terrific rates.
RV’s welcome for dry camping with prior reservation at Stetson Winery. Please call Don Stetson at (714) 713-1364. Cella Winery and Little Old Wine Drinkers Winery will also be booking RV reservations. Please contact them accordingly.
Here are some important details:
No admission fee or grape stomp fee
Costumes a la Lucy are encouraged
Delicious food by Hooch’s Grille for purchase
GoldRush performing on Aug 21
The Aces performing on Aug 22
Free shuttle (tips only) between the 3 wineries
T-shirts printed on site
Personalize your t-shirt with your footprints
Hours: 12-6 pm (both days)
Learn more about Stetson Winery at www.StetsonWinery.com or call Don Stetson at (714) 713-1364.
Directions: (some GPS systems are not accurate – please follow the directions below)
1. From Kingman, going toward Peach Springs on Route 66, turn left at mile post 71 on Concho Dr. into the Valle Vista subdivision. There is a Flying A gas station/mini market at the intersection.
2. Stay on Concho Dr., winding through the subdivision, until you come to a dead end with barriers up
3. Just before the barriers turn right on Painted Rock. Go approximately 1 mile to Brooks Blvd.
4. Turn left on Brooks Blvd.
5. Stay on Brooks Blvd. until you see a big red barn on the right (approximately 1.5 miles)
6. Turn right on N. Moonscape Way to the winery at 10965 N. Moonscape Way
Please feel free to call Don Stetson’s cell phone at (714) 713-1364 if you need to.