Arizona Small Business Rent and Mortgage Relief Program
-Applications Open Thursday, August 20 at 10 a.m.-
PHOENIX – The Governor’s Office is partnering with Local First Arizona Foundation to launch this grant program and help small businesses specifically mandated to pause operations due to the pandemic. Businesses include gyms, fitness centers and studios,
bars, water parks and others named in
For more information email: [email protected].
What the grant covers: Up two months of rent and mortgage payments due by small businesses. The maximum award will be $25,000. Grants will be prioritized for businesses with fewer than 50 current employees that are most in need of the funding
to meet their rent or mortgage obligations, and do not have access to other financial support.
- Must be doing business in Arizona prior to January 1, 2020.
- Must be directly impacted by Executive Order 2020-43 as outlined above.
- Applicant business must be renting or leasing a physical location outside the owner’s personal residence.
- Employing less than 50 employees (based on W-2s, a full-time employee is equal to 1.0 employee and part-time employee is 0.5 employee).
- Each business owner may only apply for one grant i.e., individuals with multiple locations may not apply for rent at each location.
Businesses can start prepping the following:
- Gathering rent or mortgage statements for June, July, August, September or October (subtract utilities if included).
- Provide information regarding other sources of income for the owner. Preference will be given to businesses which are the primary/sole source of income to the owners.
- Provide an attestation of cash on hand.
- Provide an attestation that the business is in good standing with the Arizona Department of Revenue.