Bullhead City Press Release
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ., – May 15, 2020 – The Bullhead City Parks and Recreation Department has announced the re-opening of its facilities for use following Governor Ducey’s new Executive Order. The Parks and Recreation Department has made several modifications to resume operations of their facilities and maintain a safe environment for all residents.
Bullhead City Municipal Pool
- Open May 18 for water aerobics and lap swim. Lap swim will be offered Monday through Saturday at 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. and Monday through Friday 6 – 7 p.m. and is limited to 8 patrons. Water aerobics will be offered from 12-1 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 5-6 p.m. Monday through Friday and is limited to 15 patrons.
- Open May 23 for open swim from 1 -5 p.m. Open swim will only be available on Saturdays and is limited to 75 patrons per hour.
- Information on swim lessons will be released next week.
- Locker rooms will remain closed at the pool.
- All payment and registration for Municipal Pool programs will be available online only at https://www.bullheadcity.com/community/aquatics
- Pool staff will follow CDC Guidance for Pools.
- Bullhead City Morning Kiwanis Splash Pad is now open.
- Basketball hoops and nighttime lights are operational.
- Skate park is open.
- All park ramadas are open and reservations are being accepted.
- Picnic tables have been returned to park shade ramadas.
- Playgrounds are open.
- Park ramada rentals are now available online at https://www.bullheadcity.com/government/parks-and-recreation
- Fields are now open for youth recreational leagues to resume play.
- Dugouts will remain closed.
- Senior Softball will resume at Ken Fovargue Park at 7 a.m. on Monday and Wednesday mornings.
- Suddenlink Community Center remains closed for reservations and programs.
By entering any parks and recreation facility, you may come into contact with other members of the public. As such, you are knowingly assuming the risk of possible infection from those who may have contracted Covid- 19. If you feel that you may be sick, have a compromised immune system or feel you are in any way vulnerable to contracting the Covid-19 Virus, please stay home.
The City’s Park Maintenance staff will continue to clean and sanitize the parks on a very frequent basis.
If you have any questions regarding Bullhead City Parks and Recreations Department, please call (928) 763- 9400
# # #