BULLHEAD CITY, AZ., December 15, 2023 – City of Bullhead City staff and contractors will be working on the following projects throughout our city during the week of December 18:
- A contractor working on behalf of the Arizona Department of Transportation will be lowering manholes along Highway 95 in Bullhead City in preparation for the road to be repaved from Courtright Road in Mohave Valley to the north intersection of Bullhead Parkway. Holes created by the work will be filled the same day with hot mix asphalt.
- City street maintenance crews will perform slurry work in various parking lots owned by the Bullhead City Elementary School District. During this time, no slurry work will be performed on City streets.
- City street maintenance crews will be crack sealing and mastic sealing various parking lots in the Bullhead City Elementary school district and sections of Hancock Rd between Trane Rd and Highway 95.
- T.R. Orr Inc. will continue working to expand the Bullhead Senior Campus Building. The new senior campus expansion will add 9,000 square feet of space to the building, including 7,700 square footage of indoor activity and meeting space and 1,300 square feet of covered outdoor patio space. Construction is expected to wrap up around August 2024.
- A contractor will continue rehabilitating the 16-2 wastewater lift station on Clubhouse Dr west of Highway 95. The project involves installing paneling made of Predl material to protect the well from corrosion.
- Bullhead City Parks Maintenance Staff will continue the process of reseeding the sports fields in Bullhead City Parks. The process involves first pushing the summer Bermuda grass into dormancy before spreading the seeds for winter grass. Some fields may temporarily close during the process.
- Parks Maintenance Staff will be working to repair over $62,000.00 of vandalism damage done to sports fields at Rotary Park.
- A contractor working on behalf of Bullhead City Utilities will continue working to install a well on the north side of Riverview Dr between Highway 95 and Lakeside Dr.
- A contractor will be installing a sewer bypass line along the eastern edge of Highway 95 near Community Park, in preparation for emergency repairs to the sewer main in the area. Work is expected to last a few weeks.
- A contractor working on behalf of ADOT is installing new street lights in various locations along Silvercreek Road as a part of a Highway Safety Improvement Project awarded to the City. Some lane closures will be in effect while crews work along the shoulder of the road.
The City reminds the public to only flush human waste, toilet paper, and grey water down the drain. All other waste products should be disposed of through other means to avoid damage to the city’s infrastructure.
Please use caution while traveling through City work zones. Obey posted signage and traffic control devices.
The public is encouraged to use the Bullhead City Direct app, available for Android and IOS devices, to report issues around the city directly to the City Staff who resolve them. Visit bullheadcity.com/
Questions about ongoing projects throughout the city can be directed to Mackenzie Covert, Public Information Officer, at email@example.com or (928) 763-0182.