BULLHEAD CITY, AZ., February 2, 2024 – City of Bullhead City staff and contractors will be working on the following projects throughout our city during the week of February 5:
- A contractor working on behalf of ADOT will continue repaving Highway 95 in southern Bullhead City between Hancock Rd and Merrill Ave. The work will progress north each week until Highway 95 has been completely repaved from Courtright Rd in Mohave Valley to the northern intersection of Bullhead Parkway.
- City street maintenance crews will be applying a slurry seal to roads in the River District between First and Seventh Street on both sides of Highway 95. For more information, including the complete list of streets to receive maintenance, visit bullheadcity.com/csmp.
- City Street Maintenance Crews will be sealing cracks along Bullhead Parkway. Work will progress north as crews seal cracks beginning from the south end of the road. The project is expected to last for several weeks.
- Cactus Asphalt, under contract with the City of Bullhead City will fog seal Georgia Lane, Booster Drive, and a section of Silver Creek east of Bullhead Parkway Wednesday and Thursday, February 7 and 8.
- The Bullhead City Municipal Pool will be closed while a contractor working on behalf of the City resurfaces the pool Deck and makes drainage improvements. The new floor surface will be heat and slip-resistant. The pool is expected to reopen April 30.
- The Optimum Community Center Gymnasium will be closed while City staff and contractors remodel the building, including the installation of a new wooden floor, new doors, new air conditioning components, new ceiling tiles, and new LED lighting. The work is part of the first phase of a multi-phase project to improve the facility. Other work is also currently taking place around the facility, including the recent installation of a welcome sign outside the gymnasium, but will not result in any closures or cancellations of ongoing programs at the facility. The Gymnasium is expected to reopen for the public April 30.
- T.R. Orr Inc. will continue working to expand the Bullhead Senior Campus Building. The new senior campus expansion will add 9,000 square feet of space to the building, including 7,700 square footage of indoor activity and meeting space and 1,300 square feet of covered outdoor patio space. Construction is expected to wrap up around August 2024.
- A contractor will continue rehabilitating the 16-2 wastewater lift station on Clubhouse Dr west of Highway 95. The project involves installing paneling made of Predl material to protect the well from corrosion.
- A contractor working on behalf of ADOT is installing new street lights in various locations along Silvercreek Road as a part of a Highway Safety Improvement Project awarded to the City. Some lane closures will be in effect while crews work along the shoulder of the road.
- City Parks Maintenance staff will continue a project to install decomposed granite around the basketball courts at Rotary Park.
The City reminds the public to only flush human waste, toilet paper, and grey water down the drain. All other waste products should be disposed of through other means to avoid damage to the city’s infrastructure.
Please use caution while traveling through City work zones. Obey posted signage and traffic control devices.
The public is encouraged to use the Bullhead City Direct app, available for Android and IOS devices, to report issues around the city directly to the City Staff who resolve them. Visit bullheadcity.com/
Questions about ongoing projects throughout the city can be directed to Mackenzie Covert, Public Information Officer, at email@example.com or (928) 763-0182