BULLHEAD CITY, AZ., January 26, 2023 – City of Bullhead City staff and contractors will be working on the following projects throughout our city during the week of January 29:
- A contractor working on behalf of ADOT will continue repaving Highway 95 in southern Bullhead City between Riverview Dr and Silver Creek Rd. The work will progress north each week until Highway 95 has been completely repaved from Courtright Rd in Mohave Valley to the northern intersection of Bullhead Parkway.
- Intermittent lane closures will continue along Highway 95 through Jan. 17 while crews install water and sewer lines across the road between Rancho Colorado and Laughlin Ranch Boulevard. The work is being performed in advance of expected development in the area and ADOT’s project to repave Highway 95. All work will be performed between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- City street maintenance crews will be applying a slurry seal to roads in the River District near 6th Street, Rio Drive, and Ripple Drive and in Desert Foothills near Desert Canyon Dr. For more information, including the complete list of streets to receive maintenance, visit bullheadcity.com/csmp.
- City Street Maintenance Crews will be sealing cracks on Hancock Rd between Highway 95 and Palma Road the evening of Sunday, January 28 and early morning of Monday, January 29. The section of Hancock Rd will be closed between midnight and 6:00 a.m. Monday, January 29.
- T.R. Orr Inc. will continue working to expand the Bullhead Senior Campus Building. The new senior campus expansion will add 9,000 square feet of space to the building, including 7,700 square footage of indoor activity and meeting space and 1,300 square feet of covered outdoor patio space. Construction is expected to wrap up around August 2024.
- A contractor will continue rehabilitating the 16-2 wastewater lift station on Clubhouse Dr west of Highway 95. The project involves installing paneling made of Predl material to protect the well from corrosion.
- A sewer lift station near SR 95 and Pass Canyon Rd will be on a bypass while crews clean up after emergency repairs to the sewer main along the eastern edge of Highway 95 north of Merrill Ave. Some odors may be noticeable in the immediate area until the bypass is removed.
- A contractor working on behalf of ADOT is installing new street lights in various locations along Silvercreek Road as a part of a Highway Safety Improvement Project awarded to the City. Some lane closures will be in effect while crews work along the shoulder of the road.
- City Parks Maintenance staff will continue a project to install decomposed granite around the basketball courts at Rotary Park.
The City reminds the public to only flush human waste, toilet paper, and grey water down the drain. All other waste products should be disposed of through other means to avoid damage to the city’s infrastructure.
Please use caution while traveling through City work zones. Obey posted signage and traffic control devices.
The public is encouraged to use the Bullhead City Direct app, available for Android and IOS devices, to report issues around the city directly to the City Staff who resolve them. Visit bullheadcity.com/
Questions about ongoing projects throughout the city can be directed to Mackenzie Covert, Public Information Officer, at email@example.com or (928) 763-0182.