Attention BCESD & CRUHSD Parents and Students:
With the start of the 2019 Laughlin River Run, please remember that different curfews for minors will be in place for different jurisdictions on both sides of the river. The most restrictive will be in Laughlin, where Metro (the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department) will be enforcing a 6:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. curfew through Sunday morning. The full letter from Metro’s Laughlin substation is attached. Note that a minor being with someone over 18 along Casino Drive during River Run does not necessarily constitute being with a legal guardian.
There are CRUHSD students who have after-school jobs in Laughlin and may be commuting or working while the River Run curfew is in place. According to Metro, as long as those students are going directly to/from work/home and the officer can verify that the student works at a specific location, they will be ok. The students should have their manager’s information with them for verification in the event they are stopped. Additionally, BCESD and CRUHSD students who are out in any of our local or neighboring jurisdictions will be subject to their curfews.
OTHER ADJACENT CURFEWS
• Daily, 10:00 pm – 5:00 am for children under 14
• Weekdays, midnight – 5:00 am for children over 14 and under 18
• Weekends, 1:00 am – 5:00 am for children over 14 and under 18
MOHAVE COUNTY (Unincorporated Areas)
• Sunday – Thursday, 10:00 pm – 5:00 am for children under 18
• Friday – Saturday, 11:00 pm – 5:00 am for children under 18
• Daily, 10:00 pm – 5:30 am for children under 18