Donation Drive Saturday To Benefit Fire Victims
FORT MOHAVE — A donation drive will be held Saturday, January 9 in Fort Mohave to help a family after their home was completely destroyed by a fast moving fire last weekend.
The drive will be held from ten a.m. to two p.m. Arizona time at 4277 El Toro Road.
Items needed are:
- Men’s size 34 pants, XL to 1X shirts, shoe size 10.
- Women’s size 16-22 pants; XL-2X shirts; shoes size 8-8 1/2 and 9s.
- Jackets, towels, blankets, socks, underwear, shampoo, conditioner, razors, etc.
- Household items.
- Gift cards and monetary donations.
A fire quickly moved through the occupied home in the 4200 block of El Toro Road around 6:30 p.m. Saturday, January 2.
The house was occupied at the time by three individuals. Neighbors quickly helped evacuate the homeowners and their dog from the burning structure. One cat remains unaccounted for at this time.
It’s alleged that a faulty barbecue in the backyard led to the fire starting. No official report has been released at press time.
An elderly male received minor burns to his hands. He was taken to Valley View Medical Center and later released.
Multiple fire personnel from Fort Mojave Mesa and Bullhead City Fire were dispatched to the scene to extinguish the blaze. Two nearby homes sustained minor damage during the fire.
The home has been deemed a total loss and the American Red Cross Grand Canyon Chapter is assisting the homeowners during this time. The homeowners Ford F-150 work truck was also destroyed.
A GoFundMe has been set up for the family under the name El Toro House Fire.