Garage Fire caused by Lithium Batteries

Written by The Bee News

July 5, 2021

Reading Time: ( Word Count: )

Garage Fire

At approximately 2:20 p.m. on Friday, July 2, 2021, a garage fire was reported by the homeowner in the 3200 block of Pintail Dr. The occupants discovered smoke coming from garage of the residence and self-evacuated. The first arriving fire company reported a working garage fire. Four Engine Companies, one Ladder Truck, a Medic unit and a Battalion Chief responded to the fire and gained control of the fire within 9 minutes.

The occupants evacuated the house safely prior to the fire departments arrival. One additional Chief Officer assisted with command, one fire investigator
responded for investigation and CERT responded multiple members to provided rehab support for firefighters in the 110 degree weather. There were no reported injuries to the firefighters or occupants. One CERT Team member was treated and transported to HRMC with heat related illness. Crews remained on the scene an additional hour conducting overhaul operations. The cause of the fire was overheating of charging lithium batteries.

For further information, contact the on duty Battalion Chief at (928) 486-3507 or Terrie Haas, Fire Administration, at (928) 854-0758 for further information.

This brought to you by

This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.

Existing Users Log In
   
New User Registration
*Required field

You May Also Like…

RV Fire Next to a Residence

RV Fire Next to a Residence

At approximately 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, January 19, 2022, a fire was reported by the homeowner in the 700 block of...

0 Comments

src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/reading-time/2.0.0/readingTime.min.js"