Kingman Area Regional Transit (KART) is Continuing Free Fare
-Adding Extra Buses to Busy Routes-
KINGMAN, Ariz. – The City of Kingman is continuing free fares for the Kingman Area Regional Transit (KART), for the rest of the month of May, and will be reviewed every two weeks moving forward. KART will follow CDC guidelines of no more than 10 people gathered at one time, by limiting occupancy to 9 passengers, plus the driver; and fliers will be posted on each bus regarding these continued safety measures. To reduce the impact that this will have on passengers that may have to be turned away, KART will continue operating on Saturdays to allow the resources to provide a second bus (shadow bus), 30 minutes behind on the busier Green and Yellow routes. This will of course be subject to vehicle and driver availability. Service levels will be reevaluated every two weeks. Since all operating expenses are covered at 100%, there will be no financial obligation to the city.
KART operators are aware that it will not always be possible to maintain the recommended distance but are asking riders that they comply with the requirements for the health and safety of the traveling public, so that the city may continue to provide our community safe access to essential activities.
To help contain the spread of COVID-19, health officials have issued the following recommendations:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Refrain from touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Don’t make close contact with sick individuals.
- If you are sick, stay home.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue and throw the tissue away.
- Clean and disinfect objects that are frequently touched.
- If someone in your family tested positive for COVID-19, keep that entire household at home.
- Cancel or postpone mass gatherings of 10 or more people.
For more information, visit: https://www.cityofkingman.gov/government/advanced-components/covid-19-microsite