KINGMAN, Ariz. – The City of Kingman is implementing free fares for the Kingman Area Regional Transit (KART), effective immediately, until further notice. KART will not be charging a fare to ride the bus, and anyone who has already purchased a monthly pass for the month of April will be able to exchange it for a new pass, when regular fare collection resumes. Day passes dated April 2, 2020, will be exchanged for day passes that can be used in the future.
“This is in direct response to the COVID-19 pandemic and looking for further ways to keep our operators and riders safe,” Kingman Public Transit Superintendent Sheri Furr said. “This limits close interaction with our operators of not having to handle money or passes during this time, and to adhere to the CDC guidelines of social distancing,” Furr said.
KART buses have notices posted reminding riders of Governor Ducey’s executive order and the section that states, “Individuals shall limit the use of public transportation to when absolutely necessary to obtain or conduct Essential Activities or attend work in an Essential Function. While using public transportation, riders shall maintain to the extent possible recommended physical distancing of at least six feet from other riders and the operator.”
KART operators are aware that it will not always be possible to maintain the recommended distance, but are asking riders that they comply with the requirements of the governor’s executive order for the health and safety of the traveling public, so that the city may continue to provide our community safe access to essential activities. All routes will continue to operate Monday-Saturday 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. KART dispatch can be reached during those operating hours at (928) 681-7433.
To help contain the spread of COVID-19, health officials have issued the following recommendations:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Refrain from touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Don’t make close contact with sick individuals.
- If you are sick, stay home.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue and throw the tissue away.
- Clean and disinfect objects that are frequently touched.
- If someone in your family tested positive for COVID-19, keep that entire household at home.
- Cancel or postpone mass gatherings of 10 or more people.
For more information, visit: https://www.cityofkingman.gov/government/advanced-components/covid-19-microsite