Kingman Outdoor Fire &
Permissible Consumer Fireworks Ban Still in Effect
KINGMAN, Ariz. – Mohave County implemented an outdoor fire and permissible consumer fireworks use prohibitions in the unincorporated areas of the county, effective 8 a.m., May 14, 2021, due to the very high fire danger caused by extremely dry vegetation, high winds, and a significant increase in human caused fire ignitions.
Based on this direction, the City of Kingman instituted a fire burn ban effective 8:00 am, May 14, 2021. The ban includes the prohibition of the sale of consumer fireworks as addressed in House Bill 1158. The ban also rescinds any open burn permits issued by the City of Kingman within the last 30 days. No burn permit applications will be accepted until further notice. This determination was issued following consultation with Mohave County Emergency Management, Bureau of Land Management, and The Arizona Division of Forestry and Fire Management.
The following fires are exempt from the outdoor fire prohibition enacted pursuant to the proclamation:
- Fires set or permitted by any public officer, federal, state or local, in the performance of the officer’s official duties.
- Fires set or permitted by the State Entomologist or Mohave County agricultural agents for the purpose of disease and pest prevention.
- Fires set or permitted by the United States, the State of Arizona, or any federally-recognized Indian tribe, or any of their respective departments, agencies or political subdivisions for the purpose of fire prevention or control, or watershed rehabilitation or control through vegetative manipulation.
- Fires permitted by the Emergency Management Officer or designee. The conditions of the permit, including permitted dates and the nature of the burning shall be clearly stated on any such permit issued.
- Fires fueled by propane or charcoal.
Questions can be directed to Assistant Chief Jack Yeager, [email protected], or Building and Life Safety Inspector Sean Osterman, [email protected]. The Kingman Fire Department can be reached (928) 753-2891.