The Laughlin/Bullhead International Airport serves the Tri-State Area of Laughlin, NV, Bullhead City, AZ, and Needles, CA. The airport is operated by the Mohave County Airport Authority, Inc.
(MCAA). Daily commercial charters are operated by iAero and Sun Country Airlines for the Riverside Resort and Harrah’s Laughlin.
Provides high-level administrative support and the ability to work independently while performing
tasks such as composing various types of documents and correspondence, relaying and resolving
routine telephone and/or walk-up inquiries, scheduling calendar items and meetings, making travel
arrangements, processing forms, performing data entry, establishing and maintaining records,
assisting with accounting tasks and running errands.
Work is performed under general supervision of the Airport Director and Assistant Airport
Director. The employee is expected to exercise initiative, independent judgment and discretion
in efficiently performing a full range of tasks as assigned.
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities
• Greets and directs visitors, resolves routine administrative problems and answers
inquiries concerning activities and operations of the department; accepts, screens, and
routes telephone calls; maintains log of inquiries as required.
• Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, email and mail.
• Sorts, screens, distributes and processes incoming and outgoing mail, drafts or prepares
responses to routine inquiries, and operates a variety of office equipment.
• Performs a wide variety of assignments which may be confidential in nature and require
research to complete; operates personal computer to compose, edit, revise, tabulate, and
print letters, tables, reports, and other materials.
• Establishes, maintains, processes, and updates files, records, certificates, and/or other
documents. Maintains tenant and suppliers current Certificates of Insurance.
• Attends Board Meetings, provides materials, arranges meeting places and agenda
materials, monitors and controls recording equipment, and prepares minutes.
• Makes travel arrangements for senior staff such as conference/seminar registrations and
• Orders, stocks, and distributes office supplies.
• Performs basic, routine bookkeeping functions, which may involve simple billing and
cash receipt activities.
• Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
• Willingness to be cross-trained, i.e. accounting, security functions, etc.
• Additional duties as assigned by Airport Director
Administrative Assistant Skills and Qualifications
• Reporting Skills
• Administrative Writing Skills
• Analyzing Information
• Problem Solving
• Supply Management
• Verbal Communication
• Microsoft Office Skills
• Basic Accounting Skills
• Basic knowledge of QuickBooks
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and three (3) years progressively responsible experience in
general clerical and administrative.
Two-year degree including courses in business administration and accounting.
Requirements for Employment
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (must be able
to obtain a State of Arizona Driver’s License within sixty (60) days of hire.
• Must be capable of passing a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) required
criminal history records check and employment history verification.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug test and all subsequent random drug tests conducted
• Must maintain appointment and commission as a Notary Public for the State of Arizona
and County of Mohave.
Starting salary: $30,000-$40,000 DOE plus excellent benefits including health insurance, life
insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, pension retirement, short/long term disability, paid
holidays, personal holiday time, and vacation leave.
How to Apply:
Visit our website at www.flyifp.com for our employment application and job description.
Please email your application and resume to:
Manager of Airport Administration and Finance, Rebecca Gardner, MCAABooks@flyifp.com
No phone calls. Please send questions to: MCAABooks@flyifp.com.