March City Council Meetings to Continue “Hybrid” Model
-City Encourages Electronic Participation Due to Limited Seating-
KINGMAN, Ariz. – The City of Kingman is continuing to take the necessary steps to continue to protect City Council members, its residents, and city team members to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the community. The City of Kingman is conducting the Tuesday, March 2, 2021, formal City Council meeting with the continued hybrid model. The city is continuing to encourage the public to utilize the electronic means to participate in the meeting, as the council chambers has limited seating capacity. This will allow the public to attend at a limited capacity, with the ability for in-person, public comment and still allow phone-in, and submitted written comments.
Meeting policy, and public comment guidelines for all meetings are listed below:
- City of Kingman government buildings require masks be worn inside.
- Attendance priorities will be given to presenters first, and then allow for non-presenters.
- Residents wishing to address the Council during the, “Call to the Public,” portion of the agenda can still submit written comments, call in, or speak in person.
- Those wishing to address the Council by telephone during the, “Call to the Public,” portion of the agenda will need to pre-register by emailing: [email protected], and provide their name, address, telephone number they will be using, and email. Once registered, a link with additional instructions will be provided. Only those who have pre-registered will be admitted to the meeting. Each speaker will be given three minutes to comment, and then they will be removed, as to move to the next speaker in the queue.
- All written comments and requests to speak over the phone, must be submitted by 9:00a.m. on March 2, 2021, by emailing [email protected] or dropping off handwritten comments at the Main City Complex. (Commission meetings will follow the same guidelines for day-of meetings).
- The emails/written statements will be provided to council in a .pdf for them to review prior to the meeting. A copy of all submissions in their entirety will be attached to the minutes.
- City Clerk’s Office hours are Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Regarding the upcoming public hearings at the March 2, 2021, virtual meeting: residents wishing to comment virtually/electronically on any of the public hearings must contact the city clerk’s office, no later than 9:00 a.m. on the day of that meeting. Comments will be accepted in written, standard audio format (.wav or .mp4), as well as in person. Audio comments must be under 3 minutes in length and can be submitted to the city clerk’s office by email: [email protected], or by dropping them off to the clerk’s office located at 310 N. 4th Street. The city does encourage residents to participate virtually/electronically.
- As in the past, residents can watch the Council and/or Commissions meetings live streamed at youtube.com/cityofkingman or Cable Channel 4.
- Meeting agendas can be found here: www.cityofkingman.gov/government/agendas-minutes
We appreciate the community’s support of the ongoing adjustments to our formal City Council meetings. For more information, visit: https://www.cityofkingman.gov/government/advanced-components/covid-19-microsite