October City Council Formal Meetings to be In Person
-The City will be Conducting Hybrid Meetings with In-Person and Virtual Presentations; Will allow Public Attendance Based on CDC Guidelines-
KINGMAN, Ariz. – The City of Kingman is taking the necessary steps to continue to protect City Council members, its residents, and city team members to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the community. The City of Kingman is conducting the Tuesday, October 6 and 20, 2020, formal City Council meetings with a new, hybrid model. This will allow the public to attend at a limited capacity, with the ability for in person public comment and still allow phone-in, and submitted written comments.
Meeting policy, and public comment guidelines for all meetings are listed below:
- City of Kingman government buildings require masks be worn inside. Per CDC guidelines, a mask is not a substitute for social distancing.
- Ongoing guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) suggest it is safest to avoid crowded places and gatherings where it may be difficult to social distance, however the Council Chambers have seats set widely apart to allow limited capacity.
- Attendance priorities will be given to presenters first, and then allow for non-presenters.
- Residents wishing to address the Council during the, “Call to the Public,” portion of the agenda can still submit written comments, call in, or speak in person.
- Those wishing to address the Council by telephone during the, “Call to the Public,” portion of the agenda will need to pre-register by emailing: [email protected], and provide their name, address, telephone number they will be using, and email. Once registered, a link with additional instructions will be provided. Only those who have pre-registered will be admitted to the meeting. Each speaker will be given three minutes to comment, and then they will be removed, as to move to the next speaker in the queue.
- All written comments and requests to speak over the phone, must be submitted by 9:00a.m. on October 6 and 20, 2020, by emailing [email protected] or dropping off handwritten comments at the Main City Complex. (Commission meetings will follow the same guidelines for day-of meetings).
- Regarding upcoming public hearing at the October 6, 2020, meeting: residents wishing to comment on any of the public hearings can submit written comments, phone in, or comment in person. Comments during the public hearing must be under three minutes in length. Written comments can be submitted to the city clerk’s office by email: [email protected], or by dropping them off to the clerk’s office located at 310 N. 4th Street.
- The emails/written statements will be provided to council in a .pdf for them to review prior to the meeting. A copy of all submissions in their entirety will be attached to the minutes.
- City Clerk’s Office hours are Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- As in the past, residents can watch the Council and/or Commissions meetings live streamed at youtube.com/cityofkingman or Cable Channel 4.
- Meeting agendas can be found here: www.cityofkingman.gov/government/agendas-minutes
We appreciate the community’s support of the ongoing adjustments to our formal City Council meetings.
For more information, visit: https://www.cityofkingman.gov/government/advanced-components/covid-19-microsite
This brought to you by