Overheating of Charging Lithium Batteries Causes Garage Fire

Published by The Bee News

June 27, 2021

Reading Time: ( Word Count: )

Garage Fire

At approximately 11:52 a.m. on Saturday, June 26, 2021, a garage fire was reported by the homeowner in the 1800 block of Papago Dr. The occupants discovered smoke coming from garage of the residence and self-evacuated. The first arriving fire company reported a working garage fire. Four Engine Companies, one Ladder Truck, and a Battalion Chief responded to the fire and gained control of the fire within 18 minutes.

The occupants evacuated the house safely prior to the fire departments arrival. One additional Chief Officer assisted with command, one fire investigator
responded for investigation and CERT responded multiple members to provided rehab support for firefighters in the 112 degree weather. There were no reported injuries to the firefighters or occupants. Crews remained on the scene an additional 2.5 hours conducting overhaul operations. The cause of the fire was overheating of charging lithium batteries.

For further information, contact the on duty Battalion Chief at (928) 486-3507 or Terrie Haas, Fire Administration, at (928) 854-0758 for further information.

This brought to you by

You May Also Like…

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Discover more from The Buzz -The buzz in Bullhead City - Lake Havasu City - Kingman - Arizona - California - Nevada

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading