Mohave County is expected to receive approximately $427,612.00 in FY 2022 Federal CDBG funds from the Arizona Department of Housing Regional Account (RA). Mohave County also intends to apply for $500,000 in FY 2022 and FY 2023 CDBG funds from the State Special Project (SSP) account. CDBG funds must be used to benefit low-income persons and areas, alleviate slum and blight or address an urgent need.
A public hearing will be held November 9, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. in the Saguaro Room at the Mohave County Administration Building, 700 West Beale Street, Kingman, Arizona to gather citizen input on the use of CDBG funds.
Examples of the possible uses include the following:
- Public Infrastructure (e.g., water, wastewater, street improvements);
- Community Facilities (e.g., parks, health clinics, libraries, senior or youth
- Housing (e.g., owner-occupied or multi-family rehab, utility connections on
private property, new housing constructed by non-profit);
- Public Services (e.g., paying the salary of an additional staff person to expand
a Head Start program, purchasing equipment, and rent to start a new job
- Economic Development (e.g., a loan to a business for job creation, micro-
enterprise development, acquisition of land for an existing business expansion).
For more information about the hearing, grievances, or the CDBG program, or to
receive assistance in formulating prospective project ideas for presentation at the
Jamie Bernier, Grants Coordination Specialist
Mohave County Community Services Department
700 West Beale Street
Mailing: P.O. Box 7000 – Kingman, AZ 86402-7000
Telephone: (928) 753-0723 Ext. 4215
Fax: (928) 753-0776 – Arizona Relay 711 TDD.
Persons with disabilities who require special accommodations, or special language needs may contact Jamie Bernier at the above location at least 48 hours before the hearing.