the bee news

Kingman

432E Beale Street
Kingman, AZ
(928)-637-6127
[email protected]

What we do?

News
Advertising
Marketing
Live Event Coverage

 

Residential Kitchen Fire

Written by The Bee News

February 11, 2021

Reading Time: ( Word Count: )

Residential Kitchen Fire

At approximately 7:15 pm on Wednesday, February 10, 2021, a kitchen fire was reported by the homeowner in the 2000 block of Barranca Dr. The occupants discovered a cooking oil fire, in a pan, on the stove and evacuated the residence. The first arriving fire company reported moderate white smoke in the residence with a smoldering fire in the area of the kitchen stove.

Three Engine Companies, one Truck Company, and a Battalion Chief responded to the fire and gained control of the fire within 9 minutes. The occupants
evacuated the house safely. There were no reported injuries to the firefighters and the two occupants were assessed for smoke inhalation. Crews remained on the scene an additional hour conducting salvage operations. The cause of the fire was overheated cooking oil on the stove.

For further information, contact the on duty Battalion Chief at (928) 486-3507 or Terrie Haas, Fire Administration, at (928) 854-0758 for further information.

This brought to you by

You May Also Like…

KRMC welcomes Steve Clemenson, MD

KRMC welcomes Steve Clemenson, MD

KRMC welcomes Steve Clemenson, MD Kingman, Arizona, February 24, 2021 – Kingman Regional Medical Center (KRMC) is...

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/reading-time/2.0.0/readingTime.min.js"