KINGMAN, Ariz. – The City of Kingman received regulatory approvals from the Arizona State Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ), and have started transitioning customers to the new main. Crews will continue to work on tie-ins the remainder of this week, and Sunday night April 28. Water outages are planned to occur at night and outside business hours, so we encourage people to still visit businesses in the work zones. Next week, crews will be completing miscellaneous concrete work, patching the road at tie-in points and removing the old fire hydrants. Additionally, crews will be restricting westbound Airway Avenue Sunday night to disconnect the old main from the system. This restriction will occur after 7 p.m. and no driveway closures are planned.
Crews are finishing up with the culvert work this week, sidewalks should be re-poured, and traffic control is planned to be removed by the end of the week.
With the completion of the water main and culvert, crews are preparing for the mill and overlay work on Stockton Hill Road. Crews plan to mill and re-pave Stockton Hill Road between Airway Ave. and Gordon Drive. Additionally, we will be repaving portions of Kino Ave. and Gordon Dr. on both sides of Stockton Hill Road.
The work is planned to occur in phases as follows:
- Sunday, May 5 – Gordon Drive from approx. 200’ west of Stockton Hill Rd. to Shadow Road. Gordon Dr. will be closed in these areas and detours will be in place. One lane of Stockton Hill Rd. in each direction will remain open. Work will begin at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, May 5 – Airway Avenue intersection. The intersection will be closed in all directions, and detours will be in place ahead of the closure. Work will begin later in the evening after Gordon Dr.
- Monday, May 6 – Northbound Stockton Hill Rd., outside lane from Airway Ave. to Gordon Drive. This lane will be closed while work occurs. Work will begin at 7 p.m.
- Monday, May 6 – Kino Ave. from Stockton Hill Rd. up to the driveway for Sonic. Work will begin after 7 p.m., as crews move north along Stockton Hill Rd.
- Tuesday, May 7 – Southbound Stockton Hill Rd., outside lane from Gordon Dr. to Airway Ave. This lane will be closed while work occurs, and work will begin at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 7 – Kino Ave. from Stockton Hill Rd. up to the driveway for Chase Bank. Work will begin after 7 p.m., as crews move south along Stockton Hill Rd.
- Wednesday, May 8 and Thursday, May 9 – Northbound/Southbound inside lanes and turn lanes from Airway Ave. to Gordon Dr. Lanes will be closed while work occurs. Cross traffic (left turns) will be open during daytime hours on Thursday. Work will begin at 7 p.m. each night.
- Sunday, May 12 and Monday, May 13– Road striping will occur. Intermittent closures will take place, as crews stripe the road. Work will begin at 7 p.m. each night.
- Wednesday, May 15 and Thursday, May 16 – concrete collars will be installed around all water valve covers and manhole lids. Work will occur during daytime hours, so crews will provide traffic restrictions for this work.
While paving occurs, crews will work to keep at least one driveway available for the businesses that are still open. After the work on May 16, the project will be complete with one exception; crews will need to restripe the road after 30 days. The City appreciates everyone’s patience during this lengthy, but important project.