Published by The Bee News

November 21, 2022

Reading Time: ( Word Count: )

On November 21, 2022, at 08:33 AM, The Northern Arizona Fire District (NAFD) responded to a structure fire in the 1400 block of N. Devlin Ave. NAFD responded with 2 Engines, and a Battalion Chief. Kingman Fire responded with one ladder truck and a Battalion Chief. Upon arrival, responding fire companies found smoke coming from a casita used as a living space.

Initial attack found a fire in mattress on fire. A search of the structure was completed. There was no one inside the structure. A small dog was rescued. The fire was quickly extinguished, and damage was confined to the mattress and box springs. Evidence shows the fire cause was smoking in bed. Additionally, there was no smoke detectors installed.

The Red Cross has been contacted to provide assistance to the occupant. As a reminder, please make sure you have working smoke detectors anywhere someone is sleeping. Smoking in bed never has a good outcome. For further information contact Northern Arizona Fire District Fire Chief Dennis Hoke at 2600 Northern Ave. Kingman AZ. 86409. 928-757-3151.

You May Also Like…

Dog Bite

Dog Bite

BULLHEAD CITY, Ariz. –Bullhead City Animal Care and Welfare (ACW) officers are looking for a dog for standard...


Submit a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Discover more from The Buzz -The buzz in Bullhead City - Lake Havasu City - Kingman - Arizona - California - Nevada

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading