Taking Care of our Most Vulnerable Veterans

Published by The Bee News

January 12, 2020

Reading Time: ( Word Count: )

Senator Borelli’s bill takes care of our most vulnerable veterans

(State Capitol, Phoenix) – Senator Borelli served in the United States Marine Corps from 1977 to 1999 and continues to serve the county today in the Arizona Legislature.  He understands the struggles of our veterans and strives to promote and address their needs on the legislative level.

Thursday, January 9th he introduced a bill, SB 1112, that would establish a veterans’ home facility in Mohave County.  Veterans’ homes are nursing and rehabilitative care facilities, whose goal is to maintain veterans’ highest practicable physical, mental and psychosocial well-being. Staff provides skilled nursing care to veterans. Care includes nursing, therapeutic recreation, and social services.

“The first cost of our freedom is to take care of our veterans,” said Senator Borreli. “I will do everything I can to take care of those who served our country.”

If it’s signed into law, the State would cover 35% of the cost of building the home, while the federal government would be responsible for funding the remaining 65% and funding the operation costs.  This will create hobs and serve as an economic driver in his county while helping veterans.

“We are the freest and most prosperous country in the world because of our veterans,” said Representative Leo Biasiucci who is co-sponsoring the bill. “These brave men and women risked their lives for this country, and I am happy to do whatever I can to help them.”

Mohave County has one of the highest rates of veteran populations in the state. Right now, there are veterans’ homes in Phoenix and Tucson, and two more are being built in Yuma and Flagstaff. Once the feasibility study is concluded for the Northwest Region, and Senator Borelli’s bill becomes law, experts will determine whether the home is built in Kingman, Bullhead City, or Lake Havasu City.

You May Also Like…

Set status Dike Fire

Set status Dike Fire

SET STATUS- Residents in neighborhoods of south and southeast Mohave Valley, this is a notification of being placed on...


Submit a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Your Cart
Your cart is empty.

Discover more from The Buzz -The buzz in Bullhead City - Lake Havasu City - Kingman - Arizona - California - Nevada

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading