Halloween Safety Tips from the Lake Havasu City Police Department
The Lake Havasu City Police Department would like to offer some helpful safety tips to residents and visitors during the upcoming Halloween events around the community. Halloween is a particularly exciting night for young children, so it is important to be extra vigilant for potential safety hazards. The Lake Havasu City Police Department wants everyone to have a happy, fun and safe Halloween by following these tips:
- Plan costumes that are bright and reflective. Make sure that shoes fit well and that costumes are short enough to prevent tripping, entanglement or contact with flame.
- Avoid wearing masks that obscure vision.
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use established crosswalks wherever possible and use caution if you cross between parked cars.
- Obey traffic signals.
- Don’t use electronic devices (texting while walking) when you are crossing the street, pay attention to traffic.
- Only go to homes with a porch light on and never enter a home or car for a treat.
- Follow social distancing guidelines.
- Carry hand sanitizer if possible.
- Stay in familiar neighborhoods.
- Carry a flashlight or wear glow products like glow bracelets or necklaces.
Motorists are asked to be especially vigilant on Halloween night in high pedestrian traffic areas. Decreased speeds and increased awareness are encouraged for the safety of all those participating to ensure everyone has a safe and happy Halloween experience. For more information regarding Halloween safety tips, you can visit the National Safety Council’s website at https://www.nsc.org.
Have a safe and happy Halloween. In the event of an emergency, please contact the Lake Havasu City Police Department by calling 9-1-1. Non-emergencies can be handled by calling 928-855-1171.
This brought to you by