Lake Havasu City has various Board and Commission seats available for citizens to serve and participate in the process of Lake Havasu City government! The City Clerk’s Office is currently accepting applications from citizens interested in volunteering for the following positions:
- The Airport Advisory Board has five regular (four pilot and one non-pilot) and two alternate (one pilot and one non-pilot) positions. The Airport Advisory Board provides citizen input and recommendations to the City Council for the improvement of the Lake Havasu City Municipal Airport.
- The Board of Adjustment has three regular and two alternate positions. The Board of Adjustment hears and decides appeals of actions taken by the Zoning Administrator.
- The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board has two regular positions. The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board provides recommendations to the City Council regarding the planning, development, operation and maintenance of city-owned parks, and recreational programs.
- The Planning and Zoning Commission has one regular and one alternate position available. The Planning and Zoning Commission provides recommendations to the City Council as to the best present and future use to which land and buildings shall be put within the city.
- The Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS) Local Boards has one regular position. The PSPRS Local Boards are responsible for determining eligibility for membership, disability, and survivor benefits in accordance with statutory provisions.
To be eligible, an applicant should have a general understanding of the issues addressed by the Board or Commission seat they are applying for.
Applications are available at City Hall, 2330 McCulloch Blvd. N, or online at www.lhcaz.gov. All applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. Friday, May 26, 2023. The application packet includes profiles of each of the boards, committees, and commissions and helpful information about the purpose and requirements for each board.