Heather Drive House Fire Ruled Accidental

Published by The Bee News

July 23, 2018

Reading Time: ( Word Count: )

FORT MOHAVE–A structure fire that left a house in ruins and a family displaced has been ruled accidental by fire officials.

Fort Mojave Mesa Fire Department spokesman James Kartinen said crews were called to the 4600 block of Heather Drive shortly before 4 p.m. Sunday to find a home engulfed by an active fire.

“The fire started in the rear of the home,” said Kartinen. “It swept up into the attic area and continued moving through the home.”

Furthermore, reports of the roof collapsing were unfounded, said Kartinen.

“The firefighter’s were inside and pulled a portion of the roof down in the back of the house to get to the fire,” he explained. “No one was injured.”

Kartinen said the quick actions of neighbors helped save a woman and her three-year-old daughter.

“They were able to get the woman out and her toddler, who was asleep at the time of the fire,” Kartinen said.

The fire was under control within 20 minutes and fully extinguished a short time later.

The home was deemed a total loss and the American Red Cross was notified to assist the family.

 

Photos by JEFF ARGANDA/The Bee

 

You May Also Like…

Fentanyl Arrests

Fentanyl Arrests

BULLHEAD CITY, Ariz. – July 17, 2024 – A short vehicle pursuit led narcotic detectives to about 17,000 fentanyl pills....

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0
Your Cart
Your cart is empty.

Discover more from The Buzz -The buzz in Bullhead City - Lake Havasu City - Kingman - Arizona - California - Nevada

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading